Downtown Wallingford Events
Wallingford Center Inc. - Sponsored events throughout the year
- Flashback annual oldies Dinner Dance
- Free Friday brown bag lunch with music on the town green June through August
- Summer music concerts under the stars on Wednesday nights
- Saturday morning local gardeners market July to September
- Celebrate Wallingford Saturday & Sunday, October 2011 - Annual street festival offering good old fashioned fun throughout downtown. The very best steak sandwiches can be found here.
- Season of Celebrations - All of downtown joints Mr. & Mrs. Santa and their elves for caroling, food and fun the first weekend in December.
LiveNation venue right here in Wallingford Connecticut - just over a mile from our inn!
Toyota Presents the Oakdale Theatre "The Oakdale is New England's newest and largest theatre. The innovative design has garnered raves from artists and audiences alike...making it the premier live entertainment venue in Connecticut." Don't worry about a long drive home after the show; Spend the night in one of our B&B suites and start off the next day with a full breakfast. Latest scheduled performances and shows. Please go to the website for up-to-date listings.
- Barney Live in Concert - Birthday Bash!, June 19, 2011
- Happy Together Tour, July 9, 2011
- The Wiggles Big Birthday!, July 19, 2011
- The Goo Goo Dolls, July 20, 2011
- Taking Back Sunday, July 21, 2011
- Dolly Parton, July 30, 2011
- The J. Geils Band, August 14, 2011
Lyman Orchards - Fruitful Fun For All!
Located at the junction of Routes 147 and 157 in Middlefield, ~20 minutes away.
- Strawberry Fest, June 11, 2011
- Jaguar Club Car Show, June 12, 2011
- Berry Fest!, July 9, 2011
- Lyman's Clambake!, August 13, 2011, 4PM - 8PM
- Peach Fest!, August 20, 2011
- Sunflower Maze, July 30 - August 28, 2011, 9am - 5pm weather permitting
- Pick-You-Own Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Peaches, Apples, Pumpkins. Call hotline for details: 860-349-6015
- Corn Maze!, September 3 - October 30, 2011
Summer Free Concerts
- Twilight Tunes Summer Series, Wallingford Town Hall, Wednesday nights 7pm, July 6 - August 10, 2010
- Music Under the Stars, New Haven Green (203-239-5321 x770), Every Tuesday at 7pm, June 28 - August 28, 2011
- Twilight Tuesdays at Neighborhood Music School, New Haven (203-624-5189), Tuesdays at 6pm, July 12, July 19, July 26, 2011
- Sunday Concerts on the East Haven Green (203-468-3204), Sundays at 7pm, July 10 - August 28, 2011
- Branford Jazz on the Green Series, Every Thursday at 6:30pm, June 30 - August 25, 2011
- Hamden Arts Commission's 2011 Free Summer Concert Series, Every Friday at 7:30 pm, July 1 - July 29, 2011
- Clinton Concert Series (860-669-3889), Every Thursday at 6:30pm, July 7 - August 25, 2011
- Milford Summer Nights by Harbor Lights (203-878-0681), Fridays 7pm, June 24 - August 12, 2011
- Connecticut Wine Festival - July 30 - July 31, 2011
Local Wallingford Fun Spots
- Prime Climb Indoor climbing for all ages - clinics - events - team building. 340 Quinnipiac Street
- On Track Karting Ultimate Indoor Racing - A 1,700 ft track and fleet of high performance Sodi Karts. 984 North Colony Road
More choices for Connecticut Arts, Theatres and Museums
- Holiday Cinema Stadium 10 - Wallingford's new 10 screen multiplex cinema is less than two miles.
- Choate's Paul Mellon Arts Center - Guest artists - Children's Theater - Student productions and concerts - Gallery Exhibitions, all just two blocks away.
- Barker Character, Comic and Cartoon Museum in Cheshire
- Yale University Art Gallery in New Haven
- The Peabody Museum of Natural History in New Haven
- Wesleyan Center For The Arts in Middletown
- Traditions Golf Club Wallingford's golf club also offers excellent dining and meeting facilities.
- Blue Trail Shooting Range and Gun Store in Durham, about five miles away.
- Wharton Brook State Park for a walk, picnic, swimming, and fishing less than three miles away.
- Sleeping Giant State Park in Hamden is known as one of Connecticut's best places for fall foliage leaf peeping - five miles away.
- Lyman Orchards and Lyman's Golf in Middlefield - Lyman's professionally designed Golf Course and Golf Academy- ranked among CT's top ten Public Golf Courses. Pick your own fresh produce. Deli and farm market - Corn maze - Hay rides and ponies -1000+ acres of wonderful views - seven miles away.
- Mt. Southington Ski Area in Southington Less than twenty miles to our north.
- Castleview Balloons in Cheshire Hot air balloon rides by appointment.
- Adventure Balloon Hot air balloon rides by appointment.
- Empower Zipline Canopy Tours Located in Middletown, CT
New Haven Connecticut just ten miles away
Our inn is a great place to stay for any New Haven event. We are close enough, yet away from the big city feel.
The Greater New Haven Convention and Visitors Bureau Our regional tourism bureau offers information on a wide range of attractions, events, and exhibits.
Regional attractions (within 25 to 50 miles):
- B&R Stables Horseback riding - by appointment only. Prospect CT (203) 758-5031
- Dinosaur State Park "..one of the largest dinosaur track sites in North America."
- Lake Compounce "New England's Family Theme Park and Connecticut's Biggest Water Park."
- Connecticut Historical Society "museum exhibitions, library and genealogy school resources"
- Science Center of Connecticut "planetarium shows, hands-on exhibits, live animals"
- Mark Twain House - Tour the beautifully restored home of Samuel Clements.
- Connecticut Audubon Society - Offering river boat eagle watch tours, hikes, and more.
- Silver Sands State Park with family friendly beach and a pirate's island just off shore. The island is Charles Island connected to the mainland by a sand/gravel bar submerged at high tide. Captain Kidd is reputed to have buried his treasure on the island in 1699.
- Hammonasset Beach and State Park on Long Island Sound. Just one of many state park/beaches by the state of Connecticut. Hammonasset Beach is in fact the largest beach owned by the state of Connecticut.
- Gillette Castle State Park has hiking trails and a castle to boot (no pun intended.)
- Connecticut Steam Train and Riverboat - Take a ride during the fall foliage, or have you ever wanted to experience an Agatha Christie-like Murder Mystery Train Ride? October offers Fright Train, December brings the Santa Special and North Pole Express, Day Out With Thomas is in May. Oodles to do here.